Check out our recipe videos, our bee video and some shared recipes...
Rhubarb Crisp Ingredients
Filling: 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 3/4 cup rolled oats, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 5 rhubarb stalks cut up into pieces
Crisp Topping: 1 cup flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat Oven to 350-375F.
- Mix the filling ingredients and rhubarb and place in a baking dish.
- Mix the Crisp Topping ingredients and place over the rhubarb mix.
- Place in Oven for 35-50 minutes or until rhubarb mix is bubbling.
- Great served with vanilla ice cream!
Additional Recipes Recommended by our CSA Members & Partners
Yellow Squash & Curry Stew - recommended by CSA Member Ellen (click on the name and link to the recipe)
Roasted Cabbage - recommended by CSA Member Roberta
- Slice cabbage into 4 or 5 pieces
- Place the slices flat on a cookie sheet
- Lightly brush olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper (if you like garlic, rub garlic cloves or lightly smear garlic paste over each slice)
- Roast about 20 minutes @ 400 degrees; turn over and roast another 20 minutes or so (cabbage slices should be crispy on the edges)
Rhubarb, Strawberry & Blueberry Compote in our slow cooker - recommended by CSA Member Roberta
- 2 to 3 stalks of rhubarb, cut into inch long cubes
- 1 pint of strawberries
- 1 pint of hulled strawberries
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla (or more, according to taste)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
Mix together in a slow cooker, cook on low for 2 hours - and eat either warm of chilled. We had ours warm with a dollop of plain yogurt - delicious!
White Bean Chard Soup by Healthy Living Networking
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- Sea salt
- 1 package dry cannelloni or white bean soaked and cooked to packaged directions
- 4 cups home made chicken broth
- 5 cloves garlic (4 minced; 1 whole)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, leaves roughly chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and cook until the golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked beans and broth, bring to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Grate garlic and cilantro and cook until the garlic is soft, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chard, cover and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Scrape the contents of the skillet into the soup pot and simmer until heated through, and flavors are blended. Season with salt and pepper.