What can you do with these delicious, locally-grown heirloom tomatoes? I need simple when it comes to summer recipes so here is a quick simple, summer recipe that can be easily modified for any diet restrictions.
- Heirloom Tomatoes: Slice your tomatoes into 1/2-inch wedges.
- Grape Tomatoes: Cut your grape tomatoes in half.
- Salt & Pepper: Add salt as you like (not too much though)p; add as much pepper as you like!
- Onions & Garlic: Cut onions into thin slices.
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Feta Cheese (or plant-based cheese if vegan; or elimiate cheese completely)
- Fresh Basil; chop up your basil
- Fresh Parsley: Chop up your parsley.
- Add Tomatoes to Bowl: Add your heirloom tomatoes to a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Add Onions & Vinegar: Add onions over the tomatoes. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, gently tossing to combine. If you like garlic, add 1 clove minced garlic, too.
- Garnish & Serve: Top your salad with feta or plant-based cheese and garnish with chopped basil and parsley.